Senior Software Engineer Backend (2 positions)
At the center of the system that keeps the millions of Tango members connected to each other is a cluster of powerful servers, a team of ops ninjas, and the engineers who write the code that makes everything go. If your code can operate at this scale and reach the next scale gracefully then Tango is a great place for you to work.
You and Your Code
You design and write code quickly and efficiently. When we add new features and double the number of people using it there’s little extra work required because you already built it with the right flexibility and scale in mind. Your code follows OO design patterns and is easy to test, maintain, and monitor.
You want to be an integral part of a small team of experienced engineers who are continuously creating new features and pushing our servers to handle higher loads efficiently. You enjoy the daily standup meeting and would go out of your way to unblock a teammate. You will use this job to push yourself to improve your skills. The scale at which Tango operates excites you, but you view it as only a good start.
- Design and implement highly scalable features for Tango servers
- Support tango servers in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of Java and MySQL
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Paradigms
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to work for a startup
- Experience with Agile or Scrum development methods
- Experience with PHP, Python, Erlang, Objective-C, C/C++
- Experience working in a service environment
- Experience with mobile devices (iPhone and Android)
- Strong Math or Statistical analysis skills
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org