Senior DevOps Engineer
Operations • mountain view, ca
Tango is looking for a talented and motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our unique DevOps team. The team’s mission is to architect, build, scale, and maintain automated tools & frameworks that support multiple cloud-based environments.
You will help create and maintain the best and most advanced Mobile Voice/Video/Text and Social infrastructure in the industry. You will be working with state-of-the-art and emerging technologies and amazingly smart people to help improve and scale the global product offering.
You are curious about cloud computing (private & public), how Linux boots up, executes processes, networking, and handles I/O. You don’t just learn how things work, you learn why. Understanding how systems work at a fundamental level is a passion of yours. And most important – you focus on continuous delivery & improvement and can describe the approaches you have taken.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see immediate impact of your efforts.
- You have designed and/or built mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services).
- Significant programming experience in Python and Shell Scripts.
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems.
- Proven Hands-On Experience with Puppet (Chef is great too).
- You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team.
- Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud Solutions (VMWare and Amazon Cloud) with hands on experience in direct API integration.
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cactai, Graphite, Log Stash, Nagios, Ganglia etc.).
- Proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues.
- Driven, focused self-starter who takes ownership.
- Software development background is a big plus
- Experience programming in Java, Ruby
- Experience with Chef
- Several years of experience as an OPS/Sys Admin team member
- Systems & Application Security background
- Orchestration & Virtualization Frameworks
- Insightful opinions about systems architecture
- A GitHub account with some cool projects in it
- Experienced in developing custom solutions for systems monitoring, deployments, continuous integration, etc.